Tulipa 'Van Eijk' (PBR)
Darwin hybrid tulip bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 10 bulbs
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
This is a stunning tulip to add to the spring border. A stately grower, it has sturdy stems that stand up well in poor weather conditions, topped with very generously proportioned reddish-pink flowers, which tend to last longer than the average tulip. Also, being a Darwin hybrid, there's a good chance that it will flower over several years.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Humans: Harmful if eaten; skin allergen; Pets: Ornamental bulbs - not to be eaten