Viburnum × juddii
- available to order from summer
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Almost spherical clusters of fragrant, pink-tinted white flowers opening from pink buds in April and May and oval, dark green leaves, sometimes turning red in autumn. This deciduous, spring-flowering viburnum is excellent for a partially shady site with moist, well-drained soil. Rounded and compact in habit, it's perfect for where border space is limited.
- Garden care: After flowering lightly cut back established specimens, pruning any misplaced shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant.