Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Mariesii'
Japanese snowball bush
- 3 litre pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12 litre pot | 60 - 80cm tall
- £79.99 £99.99
- shipped within 2 weeks
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderful white, lacecap-like flowers on horizontally tiered branches in May and toothed, deeply veined, dark green leaves, turning red-purple in autumn. This beautiful, deciduous shrub makes an excellent specimen plant for a sunny shrub or mixed border. Hardy and easy to grow, its distinctive, horizontal habit works particularly well in a Japanese-style garden.
- Garden care: Keep the pruning of young plants to a minimum. Any vertical shoots that threaten to spoil the distinctive tiered shape of established plants should be cut back to their point of origin in summer after flowering.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten