Vinca minor f. alba 'Gertrude Jekyll'
- within 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This prostrate, evergreen plant forms a neat carpet of lance-shaped, dark green leaves - excellent for suppressing weeds in sun or partial shade. The wonderful, pure-white flowers - borne over a long period from April to September - are valuable for lightening dark areas. More compact than other varieties, it's perfect where space is limited.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.