Weigela All Summer Peach ('Slingpink') (PBR)
weigela / weigelia
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: April to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The most recent introduction to the 'All Summer' series, this Weigela can produce its soft apricot coloured flowers all the way from April to October, so offers an incredibly long season of interest. It has a naturally compact habit, which makes it perfect for a pot on the patio, but it can also be used to fill gaps at the front of a mixed border. It's and easy to grow and very rewarding stalwart for the summer garden.
- Garden care: Once established removing one or two of the older stems to the base in late summer, cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.