Weigela Picobella Rosa ('Tvp2') (PBR)
weigela / weigelia
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Ideally suited to pots, or front of border positions, this compact weigela will flower abundantly for many months from late spring to mid-autumn. Shortlisted for the 2019 Plant of the Year at The Chelsea Flower Show, the combination of fine green foliage and pink trumpet-shaped blooms makes it a very striking (and hard-working) addition to the garden.
- Garden care: Pruning is not necessary, but once established, you could remove one or two of the older stems to the base in late summer, cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.