- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but sharply drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Opening from red buds during sunny periods in summer, the red-backed, white flowers of this night scented stock have a whirligig-like appearance, which is further enhanced by the deep notch at the tip of each petal.
- Garden care: Water sparingly in winter and provide protection from cold. Cut back hard immediately after flowering has finished.