Dendrobium 'Spring Dream' - white orchid & pot cover combination
Buy all 1 items for the combination
Please note some items are unavailable
- Total: £29.99
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good orchid potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (including pot)
- Pot cover: includes a 14cm pot cover
There are many orchids available now, but this is a rather beautiful form with white, lightly fragrant nodding flowers and a greenish central eye, standing out from tall cane-like stems usually from January through to June. With large deep green, glossy oval leaves this orchid is a stunner.
- Home care: Place this orchid in a bright spot but not in direct sun in a moderately warm room when in flower. Let the compost dry out slightly on the surface before watering with tepid soft water, or rain water, allowing any excess water to drain away and then remove - don't leave the plant sitting in water. Make sure you have good air circulation and mist regularly. Feed with orchid fertiliser throughout the growing season.
Once it has flowered you can trim off the spent flowers but leave the 'cane' stems as they may support some more flowers in the following years. Over time some of the older 'canes' may become a bit woody and shrivelled - these can be cut off at the base as long as there are three new healthy canes with leaves. To flower in subsequent years the plant will need cool temperatures in the autumn and early winter for the buds to develop, and remember to reduce the watering.
Once the buds have formed you can increase the watering and move it back to a warmer room to enjoy the floral display.
items included (click on thumbnail for more info)
- Dendrobium Spring Dream ('Apollon') (PBR)
- Price £29.99
- Qty 1
- in stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Total £29.99
Pot cover 'Brussels round - white 14cm'
Brussels round pot cover white
- Price £0.00
- Qty 0 (unavailable)
- sold out
- Total £0.00