Phalaenopsis 'White Willd Orchid' - moth orchid & pot cover combination
Buy all 1 items for the combination
Please note some items are unavailable
- Total: £3.99
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost, but if potting up, use a specialist orchid compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: plant approximately 45cm
- Pot cover: includes the orchid high pot cover
The joy of buying this orchid plant and pot cover set (either as a gift or to treat yourself) is that all you need to do is take them out of the box, pop the orchid into the pot, and place it straight onto a table or sideboard to enjoy. The plant is the Phalaenopsis White Willd Orchid, which produces an abundance of flowers over an impressively long time (the one we had in our office virtually flowered all year). The white pot cover is made from high quality plastic and matches the orchids flowers.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist during the warmer months, but in winter you should reduce the amount it gets, and only water them occasionally. Ideally when watering, you should let them stand in a tray of water (or kitchen sink) so they can soak up as much as they like for an hour or two. Afterwards, let the excess water drain away completely. It is always best to give them a a good soak when they get quite dry, rather than watering little and often. Their preference is for soft, tepid water.
They love humidity, so a bright kitchen or bathroom would be ideal, and mist the leaves with water occasionally, especially if they are in a heated room.
Don't worry if the roots grow outside the pot. In their native environment, they grow in the crooks of branches, and use these aerial roots to absorb water from the air. They do not mind being overcrowded in their pots, so you only need to repot them when the growth starts to suffer. They usually only send up flower spikes once a year, however you may encourage a second flush of flowers to form more quickly if you trim back the stem to just above the first node immediately after they have finished flowering. They prefer even temperatures, so try not to have big drops at night time.
items included (click on thumbnail for more info)
Phalaenopsis 'White Willd Orchid'
moth orchid (syn Phalaenopsis 'Soft Cloud' )
- Price £0.00
- Qty 0 (unavailable)
- available to order from summer
- Total £0.00
Pot cover 'Brussels diamond orchid high'
Brussels diamond orchid high pot cover white
- Price £3.99
- Qty 1
- in stock
- Total £3.99