Abelia × grandiflora Sunshine Daydream ('Abelops') (PBR)
- 2 litre pot
- £18.39 £22.99
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need protection in winter)
The foliage of this colourful semi-evergreen shrub emerges with an apricot flush, but soon turns green with an irregular cream edge. In winter, when the temperatures drop, the foliage changes colour once more, this time taking on distinctive red tones. This, coupled with the scented white flowers, which are held by pink calyces (that are retained long after the flowers have faded), makes Sunshine Daydream a very decorative abelia for borders or pots.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn after flowering, lightly trim back the flowered shoots to retain a neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged wood in April.