- Available in 4 weeks
- approx 500 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Dainty white summer flower-heads, which look like fine lacework, hover in a frothy haze above the finely cut, green foliage. Often used by florists to add an ethereal, romantic feel to bouquets, the flowers are also loved by many beneficial insects including butterflies and hoverflies. Finches will also find the autumn seed heads attractive. This annual also looks a delight in the garden, and has quite an architectural feel. Stake plants as they start to shoot upwards with twiggy hazel stems for support.
- Garden care:Fill trays with good quality compost and lightly cover the seeds. Water, and place in a cold frame or greenhouse. Pot on when they have put on their first true leaves and then harden off before planting out after the frosts have passed. Alternatively sow direct in late spring or early summer and thin out to 20-30cm as they grow. Seeds sown in autumn and overwintered in a cold frame, will produce bigger plants which will flower earlier in the year than those sown in spring.
- Sow: October-November or March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.