- in stock
- 3 litre pot (30cm)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- One of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price, however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95) during the order process.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil but can tolerate alkaline soils
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: September to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Arbutus is a spreading, shrubby tree with shredding brown bark and glossy bright green leaves. It is attractive in autumn when the white flowers, often tinged pink, are produced and the fruit from last year are turning red. The tree gets it's name from these fruit, which look like strawberries but sadly don't taste like them. An excellent tree for costal gardens or in a sheltered spot inland.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting and stake well.