Mexican orange blossom
- Available in 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering Period: May, often with a second flush in late summer or autumn
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderfully scented, star-shaped, white flowers appear in late spring among glossy, aromatic, dark green leaves. This handsome, compact and easy-to-grow shrub is a valuable garden mainstay for a protected site in sun or part shade, although in shade it may not flower. The glossy, evergreen leaves provide an excellent backdrop for medium-sized perennials and pale-grey or purple foliage plants.
- Garden care: Prune established plants in spring immediately after flowering, removing 25-30cm (10-12in) of the flowered stems. This encourages a second flush of flowers in late-summer and autumn. At the same time, remove any frost-damaged stems to the base.