Asplenium - Bottle garden / terrarium plant
bird’s nest fern
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 6cm pot - 11cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 11cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 7cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Bird’s nest ferns have lustrous, lance-shaped fronds, which form a distinctive shuttlecock-like effect. They have a really striking silhouette, so look good on their own, but they also work well in mixed indoor arrangements. The plant is sent out unnamed and unlabelled, so while you will receive one asplenium, it may differ from the variety shown due to seasonal availability.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid handling the newly emerging fronds and water regularly in the growing season so that the compost remains moist but not waterlogged. Mist the leaves regularly with water - particularly in winter when the central heating is turned on. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.