Asplenium nidus 'Crispy Wave' (PBR)
bird’s nest fern
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
An easy to grow fern that has the added benefit of helping to purify the air inside the house. It forms a distinctive shuttlecock of sword-shaped yellow-green leaves - each with a ruffled texture, so it looks quite structural and handsome.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). Aspleniums do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid handling the newly emerging fronds and water regularly in the growing season so that the compost remains moist but not waterlogged. Mist the leaves regularly with water - particularly in winter when the central heating is turned on. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.