broccoli raab 'Cima di Rapa 60'
tender broccoli, raab, rapini
- approx 4800 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: frost hardy
An absolute classic from Puglia, it is highly sought after by restauranteurs. The name translates to 'sprouting turnip tops' and the flavour is in between turnips and broccoli covered in mustard! You can eat the florets, leaves and stalk and it is delicious pan fried with garlic. It is a 60 day sprouting variety and can be sown for successional growing.
- Growing instructions: Sow seeds directly in shallow drills 15cm apart, in a well-prepared seedbed from March when the air temperature is above 50°F (10°C). Thin seedlings to 10cm apart and transplant if necessary once they reach 10cm tall. Ultimately, space plants about 60cm apart and firm the surrounding soil well. Protect from slugs and cover with a net to keep pigeons off.
- Sow: May to July
- Harvest: August to October