- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
- 3 × 9cm pots
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A valuable plant for clothing moist, shady areas of the garden. Mid to deep green heart-shaped leaves and sprays of tiny, intense-blue, star-shaped flowers from mid- to late spring. The attractive, heart-shaped leaves look great planted next to other front-of-border foliage plants, including pulmonaria and lamium.
- Garden care: Remove the faded flower-heads after flowering. Lift and divide the plant every two or three years in late autumn.