Camellia × williamsii 'Donation'
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial shade (but not east-facing)
- Soil: moist but well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil (or ericaceous compost for container-grown specimens)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: February to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An exceptionally long-flowering camellia that produces large, semi-double, soft pink, saucer-shaped flowers from February to May among glossy, bright green leaves. In partial shade the flowers of this popular, evergreen shrub are longer-lasting and less likely to fade. Compact and upright in shape, it's perfect for growing in a large patio container or for creating an informal, flowering screen.
- Garden care: To prevent damage to the emerging buds and flowers protect from cold, dry winds and early morning sun. Water established plants in dry weather to prevent bud drop. Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser in mid-spring and again in June. Top-dress annually with shredded bark or well-rotted leaf mould. After flowering lightly trim or prune any branches that spoil the appearance of the plant.