- available to order from late summer
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
In late spring, this dense, evergreen shrub produces dazzling spheres of tiny dark blue flowers on arching branches among small, glossy, dark green leaves. It is ideal for a sunny mixed border on neutral to alkaline soil and once it has flowered, provides an excellent foil for later flowering deciduous shrubs or perennials.
- Garden care: Each year after the plant has flowered, reduce the shoots by one third and apply a 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant.