Chaenomeles speciosa 'Nivalis'
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The stems of this vigorous, flowering quince are smothered with pretty, pure white flowers from March to May, followed by aromatic, green-yellow fruit. Excellent for planting on a sunny or partly shady boundary with moderately fertile, well-drained soil. The spiny branches are a useful deterrent against unwanted intruders and marauding cats.
- Garden care: After flowering prune side-shoots to five or six leaves and remove crossing or ill-placed stems. Once established remove excess growth in late spring or summer and cut back all side-shoots to two or three leaves.