- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: any fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Small, sweetly scented, sulphur-yellow flowers stained purple inside appear on bare branches throughout the winter months. This vigorous shrub will usually take a few years to start to flower, but they are well worth the wait and they will make a lovely specimen plant for a sunny, well-drained mixed or winter border. Try to plant it close to a house entrance or path where its scent can be appreciated. Highly prized by floral arrangers, a stem of these unusual, bowl-shaped blooms makes a wonderfully fragrant indoor display.
- Garden care: Minimal pruning is required. Remove crossing, dead or diseased branches in late spring and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
Goes well with
2 litre pot
(shipped in 3-5 working days)