Clematis 'Freckles' - Gift Crate
clematis (group 1)
- plant & gift crate
- In stock (shipped within 3-5 working days)
- Standard £5.95
Forming part of our gift range, this plant will be placed in a sturdy wooden crate, then tucked in with lots of natural crinkle cut shredded paper before it is sent out. It looks lovely, and the recipient will not only have a wonderful new plant, but a wooden crate with a sliding lid that can be used for simple storage. Please be aware however that we cannot guarantee that the plant will be in flower when it is sent out.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
- Pot size: 2lt pot (60cm cane)
Scented, bell-like, cream winter flowers heavily speckled inside with reddish-brown 'freckles' and glossy, dark-green leaves. This evergreen clematis is ideal for training over a sunny pergola or arch. This is the best way to appreciate the distinctive freckle-like markings, which are less visible when the plant is grown against a wall.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.
- Humans: Skin irritant; Pets: Harmful if eaten