Clematis Josephine ('Evijohill') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from summer
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Flamboyant double flowers that have pink and white stripes and are produced from June to September. This is an exciting new variety that is best grown in full sun where the consistently double blooms are the richest in colour. Great for climbing up a wall, fence or over a pergola.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.