clematis (group 2)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Exotic-looking, large, mid-blue flowers with overlapping, wavy-edged petals and creamy-yellow centres from May to June. This early summer flowering clematis looks lovely scrambling through a climbing rose in full sun or partial shade. The handsome blue blooms contrast especially well with pinkish-mauve and yellow-flowered varieties.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.