clematis (group 2)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 lt pot (30cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Majestic, deep ruby red summer flowers appearing almost black on opening, with golden yellow centres and mid-green leaves. This compact, large-flowered clematis is perfect for growing in a container in partial shade. While it takes some time to establish the sight of the crushed velvet-like petals unfurling is well worth the wait.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.
Goes well with
3 lt pot (60cm cane)
(shipped within 7 working days)