Clematis montana var. rubens 'Tetrarose'
clematis (group 1)
- within 2 weeks
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fragrant, deep pink flowers with distinctive yellow centres in May and June and bronze-tinted foliage. This vigorous, early flowering clematis produces a mass of flowers up to 9cm (3½in) across. Ideal for a north-facing site, it's best planted close to an entrance or path where the exquisite almond-scented flowers can be appreciated.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.