Clematis Viennetta ('Evipo006') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from spring
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Cream coloured, petal-like tepals surround a large domed ruff of cream-speckled, purple stamens. These flamboyant flowers first appear in midsummer and often repeat well into autumn.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.