Clematis 'Warszawska Nike'
clematis (group 3) (syn. Warsaw Nike)
- within 3 weeks
- 2 lt pot (40cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A late, large-flowered clematis that produces rich, velvety-purple flowers freely in midsummer. The flowers are often 10cm across and usually a second flush will appear in September. An easy-to-grow climber that's great for a sunny wall and looks especially lovely when planted with a deep pink climbing rose, such as Rosa 'Zephirine Drouhin'.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.