Clematis 'Wedding Day'
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, creamy white flowers with deep pink anthers are produced from May and June, followed by a second flush in September. The large flowers, which are 9cm (3in) across, are produced in abundance on this beautiful climber. Early flowers often have an attractive green bar on the petals. Great for growing up a sunny wall or fence, and looks particularly lovely when grown with a deep pink or purple climbing rose, such as Rose 'Zephirine Drouhin'.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.