Convallaria majalis 'Prolificans'
- available to order from winter 2020
- bare root
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: partial or full shade
- Soil: leafy, fertile, humus-rich, moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Branching stems carry tight clusters of small, rounded blooms which create a showy effect. The perfumed flowers last very well after being cut and make wonderful additions to either a hand-tied posy or a vase.
- Garden care: Plant bare root rhizomes 5-8cm deep and 20cm apart. Divide and replant congested colonies in September, applying a generous mulch of composted leaf mould around the base of the plant.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten