Cordyline fruticosa 'Kiwi'
good luck plant
- shipped within 1 week
- 12cm pot - 45cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
An attractive, tropical-looking house plant that is primarily grown for its variegated foliage, which is a beautiful mix of green, cream, yellow and pink. The upright stems form a bushy clump that in time will reach around 1.5 metres in height, and during the warmer months, you may also see sprays of pink-flushed flowers, followed by deep purple berries.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 15°C, and repot every couple of years.