Cornus alba 'Aurea'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun to part shade
- Soil: any moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Small, creamy-white flowers in May and June and gorgeous, golden-yellow leaves, which intensify in autumn and then fall to reveal stunning red stems. This vigorous red-barked dogwood look marvellous back-lit by the winter sun. An excellent specimen plant for damp areas of the garden, the stem and leaf colour are superior in full sun.
- Garden care: In March cut the stems back hard to within 5-7cm (2-3in) from the ground and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure around the base of the plant.