Cornus sericea 'Budd's Yellow'
dogwood 'Bud's Yellow'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 7.5 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering Period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A vibrant, deciduous, suckering shrub with yellow-green stems that are especially useful in adding winter-interest colour to the garden. Small yellowish-white flowers are borne in clusters in early summer and are followed by round white berries making 'Bud's Yellow' a plant for many seasons.
- Garden care: Incorporate a quantity of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure in the planting hole to improve the moisture-retentive qualities the soil and a scoop of mycorrhizal fungi to aid root establishment. On established plants, in March prune to within 5-8cm from the ground to to encourage new, colourful stems to form and apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure around the base of the plant.