Crocus × luteus 'Golden Yellow'
- available to order from autumn
- 20 bulbs
- 60 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
As the name suggests, the colour of these flowers is a rich golden yellow. This is a strong grower that is ideal for naturalising through lawns and meadows. Each bulb may produce up to 5 flowers, so you will usually get a very generous show too.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs