- available to order from summer
- 20 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: February to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
One of the first of the large flowering crocus to come into bloom each year, the violet-grey flowers provide a vital source of nectar for early bumblebees and other beneficial insects. Plant in big swathes and leave them undisturbed and their numbers will increase each year.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died back completely.