Eventual height & spread
cucumber 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1
cucumber or Cucumis sativus 'Burpless Tasty Green'
- available to order from spring 2021
- approx 16 seeds
- Position: full sun, sheltered and warm
- Soil: moist and fertile with lots of added organic matter
One of the easiest and most reliable cucumbers you can grow. Its straightforward, easygoing nature means you can grow it outside and still expect generous harvests of fat, firm ridge cucumbers from early in the season until the first frosts. The flavour is delicate and sweet, without any bitterness and with a mouthwateringly crisp, fresh texture.
- Growing Instructions:Sow three or four seeds into a 9cm pot of seed compost and keep warm in a propagator or on a sunny windowsill. Once seedlings have produced three true leaves, pot on individually. Once all threat of frost has passed, harden off carefully and plant into the final growing site allowing 60cm between plants. Protect young plants against slugs. It will help if you make small ridges of soil where you plan to grow your cucumbers and plant into the top to help water drain away from the stems and avoid rotting.
- Sow: February to May
- Harvest: July to October
- Approximate quantity: 16 seeds.