Delphinium 'Turkish Delight'
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is a good strong pink variety that boasts sturdy stems covered in large open florets. The plants produce a good number of high quality stems which are covered in lovely pink flowers showing large white eyes. It grows to an average height of 1.7m (5½ft) and is a good strong grower.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in mid-spring. During the growing season apply a balanced liquid fertiliser every 2-3 weeks and wearing gloves cut back the faded flower stems to a flowering sideshoot. At the end of autumn cut back and compost the faded flower-stems.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten