Digitalis purpurea 'Sutton's Apricot'
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 150 seeds
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- 3 × 9cm pots
- 6 × 9cm pots
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Stately spires of apricot flowers appear in high summer, held above rosettes of large, dark green leaves. This unusual, apricot-coloured foxglove looks marvellous dotted through the back of a cottage-style scheme, or it can be used to add height and drama to a partially shady woodland. An excellent companion for plants with purple or plum flowers.
- Garden care: Lightly press the seed onto the surface of a well-watered seed compost in mid to late spring and keep in a cold frame. When large enough to handle, pot on into individual cells and once they have developed a decent basal rosette of foliage they can be hardened off before planting out. After flowering, cut the spikes back hard, as this may encourage a second, smaller flush. These plants will usually flower in their second year.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-July
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds.
- Humans/Pets: TOXIC if eaten
Goes well with
Polystichum setiferum Plumosomultilobum Group
2 litre pot
In stock (shipped within 7-9 working days)