Campanula glomerata 'Superba'
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense heads of large, rich purple, bell-shaped flowers appear from June to August on tall stems that rise above rosettes of oval, mid-green leaves. This beautiful bellflower is perfect for a sunny cottage-style or herbaceous border and is equally happy in partial shade.
- Garden care: Avoid planting out seedlings until all threat of frost has passed. During the growing season water freely and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back after flowering, both to prevent self-seeding and to encourage a second flush of flowers.