winter aconite bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: January and February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
Carpets of bright yellow, buttercup-like flowers in late January and February surrounded by ruffs of fresh green leaves. Winter aconites originate from damp woodland and shady places in Eurasia so are perfect for naturalising under deciduous shrubs and trees. They are a welcome sight in late winter as they are one of the first things into flower in the garden.
- Garden care: For the best results, chose a spot with fertile, humus-rich soil that remains moist in summer. Plant the tubers (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 5cm apart.