Erysimum cheiri 'Fire King'
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- approx 500 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
These bright orange-red wallflowers will provide a stunning display display in early spring, particularly when under-planted with deep deep red, orange or yellow coloured tulips. Often grown as a a biennial, you can plant them in large drifts throughout the border, or fill your patio pots with them.
- Garden care:Start them off in a cold frame or greenhouse using good quality compost. Sow the seeds 5mm deep and keep moist (but not waterlogged) until they germinate. Thin out as soon as they are large enough to handle, potting them into individual pots. Harden off slowly before planting outside in summer. Late sowings can be done direct. Wallflowers like good drainage, so take care not to over-water. Regular dead-heading will prolong the display even further.
- Sow: March-July
- Flowering: March to May
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.