Exochorda × macrantha 'Niagara' (PBR)
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This hybrid form is a cross between E. racemosa and E × macrantha 'The Bride' and the resulting plant shows the best characteristics of both its parents. It is shrubbier than 'The Bride', with less splayed branches, but best of all, it produces masses of flowers. It is a deciduous shrub, and as it is relatively compact, it can be grown in the border or in a big pot on the patio.
- Garden care: Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.