Exochorda × macrantha 'The Bride'
- within 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: sun or light shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When in flower, this deciduous shrub is just gorgeous. For about six weeks in April and May, its arching branches are wreathed in open white flowers that almost smother the soft, green foliage. In autumn the leaves turn delicate shades of yellow and orange. This shrub has been given the Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society and although it will take some shade, it flourishes best in a sunny, open position. It can also be trained as a wall shrub.
- Garden care: Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.