alpine clematis (group 1)
- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Broad, bell-shaped, light to mid-blue spring flowers and mid-green leaves. This early spring flowering clematis is perfect for covering a north or east facing wall. The fluffy seed-heads, an important decorative feature, look fabulous glistening in the sun.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.