- available to order from autumn
- 5 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
Bamboos never look their best in winter because the cold, drying winds will often scorch their leaves. In late spring however, new canes will appear bearing a fresh batch of lush foliage.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This medium-sized bamboo has thin, yellow-green arching canes and a mass of small, soft, mid-green leaves. Its arching habit and fairly speedy rate of growth make it an ideal choice for an informal hedge, and because it is also compact, it makes a lovely, exotic specimen or container plant for small gardens. It is also tolerant of wind and full sun.
- Garden care: Do not allow to dry out while the plant is getting established. This is a clump-florming bamboo, but if you want to restrict the plant's spread, plant it in a large container, or surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier.