- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or loam-based potting compost)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
One of the hardier fuchsias, this one will survive outside in sheltered gardens throughout the year, especially if tucked in with a generous layer of mulch in autumn. It is a bushy, upright, deciduous shrub, which produces slender, green-tipped, white flowers that appear to drip from the stems for several months throughout summer and autumn. Providing long lasting interest, it is perfect for mixed or shrub borders, and will even make an attractive, informal hedge.
- Garden care: To encourage bushy growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten