Goeppertia veitchiana 'Medaillon'
The zebra plant (marantaceae) Calathea Medaillon
- within 1 week
- 14cm pot - 50cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
One of the most beautiful and colourful foliage houseplants, this calathea has relatively large leaves that unfurl to reveal distinctive patterns on the top, and a red-flushed reverse. They will add an exotic touch to bright misty bathrooms or kitchens. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.