Hedera colchica 'Dentata Variegata'
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This vigorous, variegated Persian ivy has large, heart-shaped, mottled grey-green leaves, edged with cream. It is a handsome, self-clinging, evergreen climber suitable for brightening a partly shady wall or for use as fast-growing groundcover. Mature plants bear large, spherical green flowers in autumn. It is particularly suited for planting in areas recently cleared of builder's rubble since it prefers alkaline soil.
- Garden care: Water specimens grown as houseplants regularly during the growing season, providing a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Keep moist during the winter months. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy