Hoya carnosa 'Tricolor'
wax plant or wax flower
- available to order from spring
- 15cm hanging pot
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang
The fleshy leaves of this beautiful training plant have a waxy texture, and are variously patterned with green, cream and pink. It looks great when the stems are allowed to trail over the edges of a shelf or fireplace, and if it is grown in a bright spot, it may also produce clusters of soft pink flowers, which have a honey-like perfume.
- Home care: To encourage the formation of flower buds, try to position the plant where it will receive bright light - and even a little direct sun at either the beginning or end of the day. Throughout the summer you should always keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. In the colder months water less often, just giving it a good drink when the soil gets reasonably dry. Mist the leaves with water, especially if they are growing near central heating, and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at monthly intervals while the plant is actively growing. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sinkor on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.