Hyacinthus orientalis 'Carnegie'
garden hyacinth bulbs Carnegie
- 10 + 5 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 5 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: pure-white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/17
Deliciously scented, small bell-shaped flowers crowd the upright stems in mid- to -late spring above the rosettes of strappy foliage. This elegant white hyacinth, looks wonderful when planted out in a pot or window box, or when added to a bedding scheme in the border. Make sure you plant them near an entrance or pathway so you can enjoy their fragrance each time you pass.
- Garden care: Using gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 15cm (6in) apart in early or mid-autumn.